Monday, February 20, 2012

The party is over

This Friday is exam day. It's been great spending the last 4 weeks learning something and it's been great spending time with the people in the class. To find out more about them look here.


Unfortunately this means it's time for another series of farewells, adding to Facebook and moving on.


Most are heading to level 2 Turkish. At this stage I'm undecided. Either way I won't be doing the intense 5 days per week version. It's been a lot of information to assimilate in a short period of time without much chance to practice in the real world. So if I do head to level 2 I'll do the 3-days per week normal version.


Initially the classes were quite easy but once you get a series of suffixes under your belt (the whole language is based on suffixes to change tense, add pronouns and possessives) it becomes rather hard to figure out which one or combination of them are the right ones. Still it's absolutely necessary to learn and it's been enjoyable on the whole.



On another matter - I have to say I often find myself revelling in the fact that I have free time in the middle of the day rather than working 9-5. It's nice to get the chance to be outside and get some fresh air. I really notice if I've been inside for too many days in a row.


I used to have some relatives in England that spent as much time as they could outside. It was very rare to see a photo of them inside. I think this is the way to go.








No comments:

Post a Comment