Tuesday, January 15, 2013

OMG It's Exactly the Same!

The world is full of coincidences


coincidence a remarkable concurrence of events or circumstances without apparent causal connection

.. and when I say full I mean F-U-L-L.

Seriously. It scares me sometimes. 

Not only that but I'd like to know why there is a such a cosmic connectedness. 

I can deal with the notion that we are all connected as human beings. However, when events decide to slam you at the same time it raises goose-bumps on my neck. I'm not talking about your every-day coincidence, because there are plenty of those. I'm talking about the coincidence's coincidence. Like, "How the hell could that have happened?"

Take my latest one for example. About 3 days ago I decided to splash out and buy a computer game. After a long time searching and checking reviews etc I chose a game called "Deus Ex: Human Revolution".

Now about a month ago or more I borrowed a book to read from a friend. I started and made my way through 3 chapters before I put it down. I hadn't picked it up until last week. It had been such a long time in between that I had to start again as I'd forgotten the content.

And so today, not 3 days after I bought the game, I come across "deus ex machina" in the book! I mean I've never heard that phrase before in 45 years.

And yet in a 3 day time span I read it twice.

<Mark goes to search the meaning of "deus ex" which is "from God". He previously thought it was just mumbo-jumbo dreamt up by a game maker. But 2 instances means there's a definition out there>

Fascinating:



Other






No comments:

Post a Comment