Thursday, December 22, 2011

Choices

Life is full of choices. 




I estimate we make over 1000 choices every day and that's being conservative.


Before you finish making a choice to disagree let's have a closer look.


Every morning before I've left home I've made a bunch of choices.


chose what time I would get up. I chose whether I would get up at all. I chose to make my bed. I chose to have a shower. I chose to brush my teeth. I chose to have breakfast. I chose to wear my green pants. I chose to do my hair. I chose to put my washing in the machine. I chose to have breakfast. I chose to have museli. I chose to have hot chocolate. I chose to get to work/school on time so I chose to take the car to the train station because I was running late...


These choices may seem inconsequential. Maybe they are...




What about these choices that I made at the same time as the ones above?


chose it's important to get up. I chose it's nicer to be clean, smell good and have sparkling teeth. I chose to give myself a running start with the day by eating. I chose to have a tidy room...


What about these choices?


choose that it's important what I think about myself - not what others think.

choose to appreciate what I do have - not to focus on what I don't have.

choose to smile.
choose to say "thank you".

choose to say "sorry".

choose to have a great day.

Life is full of choices.


What will you choose today?



1 comment: