Sunday, December 25, 2011

Ho Ho Ho (burp)

In the best of Christmas traditions I've over eaten. Now don't be fooled into thinking I've been gorging on cake, ham, booze and the rest. No no no.

I'm on my own and last night along with the cats I didn't have any dinner. So after a very long morning and part of the afternoon sorting through my junk I was hit with a massive pang of hunger.
Now this isn't your normal pang of hunger - this is the mf of hunger pangs (to paraphrase and cheat a little from Pulp Fiction, thanks Quentin).

So being the extremely proficient chef that I am I went to the fridge, took out a pack of 6 frankfurters, cooked 'em up, nuked 6 pieces of toast, slapped on way to much cheese, and ate like I was never going to eat again.

Hence my stomache is now trying to escape my body like a baby trying to escape it's mother.


~


Whilst we are talking of movies, and I realise it's not the best time to mention non-Christmasy movies, I'd really like to bring a couple of brill ones to your attention.

Firstly, there's Adam Resurrected, and secondly PU-239.

Be warned: neither are light hearted, nor pleasant, however in a dark sort of way they are both uplifting insights into the human spirit. Well I think they are anyway.

I happened to catch both of them over the last 2 days by chance and thus I'm now passing them on perchance you may see them.

Christmas spirit and all that.


~


Lastly, a pic I just happened to come across in my travels that I really liked.

How? I put "Swedish Christmas" into Google Images and this was one of the results.



No comments:

Post a Comment