Tuesday, July 10, 2012

It takes effort


… and so the internet has died. Which means that instead of reading about being creative I have to be creative. Oh the burdens of life!

I've spent the better part of the last 4 hours following email links. 

A long time ago a friend posted a story on Facebook that came from FinerMinds. I can't remember the story but I was curious enough to follow the source and to learn more about FinerMinds.

After reading about it I subscribed to their emails. Initially I'd either look at them or delete them. But I was aware that I was potentially missing some very valuable insights and so I setup a filter and folder in my mail.

Subsequent emails from FinerMinds went into a folder. Last count was 66 unread emails. This morning I felt the urge to inspect these emails and thus have spent the last 4 hours looking at links.

This is a continuation of taking the time to read the posts that friends put onto Facebook. I have a few friends who repost some really good stuff. One person in fact who solely posts "good stuff".

By good stuff I mean short quotes or, more often that not, some funny or thought provoking picture. I regularly find them worthy of reposting myself.

It's especially intriguing to see who then reposts my post (if you can follow all that reposting!). I'm wonderfully surprised to see a name that I might not have seen for months or years. It's somehow reassuring to see that people do actually read my ramblings.

Getting back to the continuation theme… I've started to transfer some of my favourite quotes, pictures, and videos to my Blog.

There's so many out there.

A cool one I came across this morning - I'm very curious about how long I'll manage to keep up with it - is a site to post what you are grateful for in life. What a wicked idea! As with most great ideas it's so simple.

As mentioned at the beginning the real trick is to live some these inspiring ideas rather than just read, listen, or watch others doing so.

Good luck!

live simply | simply live




1 comment:

  1. I hope I am the one who posts solely the good stuff on FB. Gulden

    ReplyDelete