Saturday, June 4, 2011

Busy Doing Things

What a full day. It's only 9pm too. And what's more if someone calls and invites me out I'd actually be up for it which is pretty unusual. Normally at this time I'd rather flake.


This morning I joined Sabriye and her bunch of geriatrics. Which is to say people who are older than me and in fact rather sprightly. They all had a jump in their step.


The theme was a guided tour of the old town Sultanamet where you can find the "Blue Mosque" and Aya Sofya - the two major mosques in terms of tourist attractions. We didn't head to either but rather ventured around the outskirts of the area and got a few tit-bits from our guide.


The group is actually just a bunch of like minded people who get together and do things. They are all Turkish and so the conversation was in Turkish with Sabriye translating on occasion.


For me it was just a chance to get out in company which isn't to be turned down when you have no mates.


After that I happened to find myself back at my old work. And what's more it was the one I initially moved from. The atmosphere was fine. It was as though nothing had happened which was very odd but pleasant none-the-less.


In fact my guess at the instigator of my move was most helpful and gave me directions to get to my next event which I simply would have failed to attend without her help.


The next event was titled Poi Art. Which was quite cool considering it's Maori. I presume that there isn't a Turkish equivalent. That would be too much of a coincidence.


At Poi Art Serkan, Ayse and I had fun trying out all sorts of new things. We had a go at: tight rope walking, unicycle riding, juggling, erm orb playing and of course poi throwing.


All great fun. Finished off with börek and the proverbial tea.



No comments:

Post a Comment