Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Too Much Walking!

Argh! I have a nasty blister on my heel. But really one shouldn't complain about having a good time going out walking.

Yesterday I had to find the Tourist Police and report the stolen clothes.

The good news is that their offices are located right in the middle of where the major tourist attractions are so in theory they are easy to find. I'm sure you took note of the word "theory". With map in hand albeit of a smaller localised area I headed off to where the Grand Bazaar and Aya Sofya are.

Actually I'd been there twice before and thought that looking at the overview of this area of Sultanamet it's pretty easy to spot the unusual 6 minaret mosque. The  police are right next to it.

But when you start winding your way around and through the bazaar you (well I) have no idea which direction I'm facing. So for 3 hours I walked to this area from home and then round and round in circles.

My foot was really starting to hurt so I'd decided to pack it in and go home when long-and-behold there it was! I was very relieved that I didn't have to return and do it all over again.

The police thought it was bizarre that I was reporting stolen clothes but when you add up the value I'd decided it was worth making an insurance claim.

A total pain in the neck of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment