Friday, June 10, 2011

Efes Dark Brown

Been an odd week really. It started off with a bang with the walks and meeting a horde of new Istanbulus. Then it immediately got back to the hum drum on Monday. Mind you it was pretty cool having a record 78 visits in a short space of time. These were to look at and 'like' or comment on the pictures I'd taken of the weekends activities.


Since then it's been a lot of not sleeping at night and taking "Nanna naps" during the day. I've tried to get motivated to clear a couple of things and succeeded even though it took me 3-4 days to do what could have been done in 3-4 hours.


Still progress is progress and I'm glad to have a lot of paperwork behind me and to have made some decisions along the way.


The key event has to be this mornings interview with the police to see about a residency permit. It took a while to find the right place to be but once there the process was relatively simple. Albeit (seems to be my word for 2011) that I didn't realise I needed to have plenty of cash in my Turkish bank account to provide I could pay for myself for the term of the residency.


So 50% of it is now complete. The rest based on what the officer said will be a matter of course (crosses fingers). Just wait for the funds to transfer from New Zealand and return to the police station to complete the paperwork and pay the fees.


This weekend looks to be interesting in terms of how much of it I'll survive. There's more walking ahead and my blistered foot is still objecting from last weekend. It's silly to exacerbate it but it's dead boring to not attend as well. Guess which one wins?!


After the initial rush on contacts with the locals following last weekend the ones that really want to have a yarn have identified themselves. I'm still having chats with people I've never met which is quite fun as there's always the opportunity of meeting at some stage.


Oh.. was almost about to sign off without mentioning the title…Efes is the local beer and in a lot of places the only one you can get. They have normal and dark varities. Today at the late night store (which I'm now frequenting more than I should) I spotted one called Efes Dark Brown.


I figured it was worth a try. Turns out it's beer and coffee together and packs quite a kick. I only had one which was enough ..!

No comments:

Post a Comment