Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A Menagerie of Items

WARNING: Do not read if you can be offended by discussions about "wet dreams" or content of a sexual nature.


1. Half Awake


Best to start at the beginning. I went to bed sometime after 3am and woke at 6.30am. Needless to say (which logically is a silly thing to state) I'm pretty tired and my brain isn't functioning yet.


Recently I've been getting up when I wake up. Not because I'm trying to get into a good sleeping pattern or anything sensible like that but because I don't feel like lying in bed.


Given that I'm a man of leisure once again what usually ensues is that I have breakfast, toddle about for a bit online and then go back to bed when my eyes start closing on me.


2. Bed Wetting


This one stems from a young fella in our household going through this awkward problem. It made me wonder if this is a boy thing or happens to girls too. I assume it does as it's described as a bladder disfunction.


In my research I came across this from Urban Dictionary and simply had to share :)
Bed wetting: what happens when you ignore your penis for too long and it decides to plot out revenge.
Just before I continue onto the story I'd best add that I discovered this topic should have been called "Wet Dreams" rather than bed wetting.


Actually it's rather a convoluted story but hopefully you'll be able to follow it.


I don't know about you but when I was a kid I had wet dreams. When it first happened I was shocked. Then I got to like it. Then I got to hate it.


The reason for the latter is that it occurred randomly. Sometimes this would be at a most inconvenient time like when I was at a karate camp and shared a room with 5 guys.


The funny thing is that whilst it was something I didn't want as a child I'd be quite happy to have one now.


This line of thinking also came from the fact that I only seem to have nightmares these days. I can't recall when this started to happen but it's been going on for some time now. Again doing some research I've discovered that medication I'm using results in 7% of users having "abnormal dreams". 


And so wishing for something on the lighter side made me think of nocturnal emissions or wet dreams.


It also made me laugh about the "circle of life". I've read somewhere that our mind's abilities go in a circle over our lifetime or put another way we revert to our childhood as we get old.


Lastly this nightmare scenario is more about the recent past that a long term thing. In fact the other side effect of the medication is that my dreams can be very vivid. So much so in fact that a couple of times I've had really long vivid dreams that I thought would make very very unique and awesome movie plots. Shame I can't remember them in the morning and become a billionaire!


3. Memory


Hmm speaking of memory. I have a general lack of one and right now I've forgotten the other stories I wanted to tell so this particular blog will have to be a work in progress….



No comments:

Post a Comment