Thursday, June 2, 2011

Plan A, Plan B...

What does one do when one has 6 days of "free" time in Istanbul?


Plan A was to go south and join some volunteers. Unfortunately the only contact info I have is via the i/net and as they aren't responding that one is down the toilet at present.


Plan B ... well there isn't a Plan B as such. Today I spent most of the day kicking around the house doing mostly silly things on the i/net. Then Emrah and I went to a local cafe and had some tea. It really is something special drinking it from these glasses. Just like having a beer from a pint glass just makes it taste better.


We played some games of backgammon and then spotted Mevlüde who joined us later.


Back home I watched The Lincoln Lawyer which was average. Then setup a Facebook event to visit the Princes Islands for Friday.


Plan B+ is to perhaps take a day trip somewhere as I've still (how many times do I say this?!) haven't seen anything of Turkey.


All this killing of time is to get me to the Residence Permit appointment with the Police which will (once obtained) mean that I can hang about here longer.


Plan C was to go to Cyprus primarily as (cross fingers) it would be "free". I'm hoping I'll get a tax refund for my laptop that will largely pay for the trip. It might however be too late to claim it. I'm not sure how these things work. So I canned the trip.


Plan D had me thinking that I wouldn't be able to get another tourist stay for 90 days and I'd have to head elsewhere so I was thinking Praha. Or perhaps 

Žilina because I know some lovely people there.

Plan E? Well that was to try to find another job which might be tough right now as the summer season cometh and people are leaving the capital. For the same reason flats are easier to come buy.


And lastly (for now) Plan F. I still want to live with a family somewhere other than Istanbul and teach them English. I think this would be the best way to sample the real Turkish life here.

No comments:

Post a Comment